I want to thank all of the Middlebrook sixth graders who entered the story writing competition. The submissions were awesome, but there could only be one winner and that person has been notified by email.
For privacy reasons, I will not reveal the winner’s name here, but they will have a character named after them in my upcoming book (The Alexa Hill Chronicles) which is due to be published in Spring 2017.
I am thrilled to announce that the first draft of the new Kyle Evans book (the second book in the trilogy) is complete. All being well, this book should be ready for release by Thanksgiving 2016. In case this seems like a long time, here’s what has to happen between now and then:
For the text
- A first round of editing
- Early readers review the manuscript
- A second round of editing based on feedback from the early readers
- A third round of editing by an independent editor
- A final round of editing by me
- Production of a proof copy of the book
- Final approval of the book
For the illustrations
- Selecting which scenes might be illustrated (in conjunction with James Chapman – my brother and the book illustrator)
- Producing early sketches of 15-20 scenes
- Narrowing sketches down to 8-10 final scenes
- Producing and digitizing final illustrations
- Developing a cover concept for the book
- Producing an early version of the cover artwork
- Producing and digitizing the final cover
I have a sudden feeling that I better get started!