The second installment in the Kyle Evans trilogy will be available this November! It continues the adventures of Kyle, Sofia and Bootles, along with a host of new characters – some lovable, some not!
If you haven’t had a chance to read the first book yet (Kyle Evans and the Key to the Universe) it is available at all bookstores, or you can purchase it online here https://www.amazon.com/Kyle-Evans-Key-Universe-Book/dp/0997895705/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470660547&sr=8-1&keywords=9780997895704 or here https://www.createspace.com/6462521
I want to thank all of the Middlebrook sixth graders who entered the story writing competition. The submissions were awesome, but there could only be one winner and that person has been notified by email.
For privacy reasons, I will not reveal the winner’s name here, but they will have a character named after them in my upcoming book (The Alexa Hill Chronicles) which is due to be published in Spring 2017.
I am thrilled to announce that the first draft of the new Kyle Evans book (the second book in the trilogy) is complete. All being well, this book should be ready for release by Thanksgiving 2016. In case this seems like a long time, here’s what has to happen between now and then:
For the text
- A first round of editing
- Early readers review the manuscript
- A second round of editing based on feedback from the early readers
- A third round of editing by an independent editor
- A final round of editing by me
- Production of a proof copy of the book
- Final approval of the book
For the illustrations
- Selecting which scenes might be illustrated (in conjunction with James Chapman – my brother and the book illustrator)
- Producing early sketches of 15-20 scenes
- Narrowing sketches down to 8-10 final scenes
- Producing and digitizing final illustrations
- Developing a cover concept for the book
- Producing an early version of the cover artwork
- Producing and digitizing the final cover
I have a sudden feeling that I better get started!
A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of speaking to several 5th grade classes at Cider Mill School in Connecticut. It was a great experience – the kids were smart, funny and engaged. Next up, Midlebrook School 6th graders in May!
For me, one of the best things about being an author is meeting readers and talking with them about books, writing and creativity. That’s why I am thrilled to be speaking to the 5th grade at Cider Mill school on April 8th.
If you are a teacher or parent and are interested in having me visit your school / class, send me an email and we will see what can be arranged!
Thanks so much to everyone who came to my book signing in Wilton, CT. It was great to meet so many young readers (and their parents!), and I hope you all enjoy Kyle Evans and the Key to the Universe and Flicker! 🙂
Kyle Evans and the Key to the Universe is now available worldwide in paperback and for the Kindle!
Illustrated by the very talented James Chapman, Kyle Evans is the first book in a quirky adventure trilogy for 8-12 year-olds (3rd – 6th grade in the US).
You can find Kyle Evans and the Key to the Universe at your local bookstore (in the US), or at any online retailer, including: